That first few minutes of a remote meeting can be a little awkward. You can break the ice before you get down to business with these tips from GovLoop. Hint: most will work for in-person meetings, too!
1. Ask a simple question.
GovLoop offers some great examples!
2. Show off your work-from-home set up.
Bring a personal item from your desk to show-and-tell
3. Build a pump-up playlist!
From home or work, this could be one of the simple questions above.
4. Play two truths and a lie.
We think this is a great idea. We’re definitely doing it at our next staff meeting. We’re updating our logo color to orange.
5. Draw your mood.
Can’t draw? The Internet can help:
6. Have a new hobby? Show it off!
Bring in that knitting, loaf of bread, bunch of flowers, or whatever you’re working on.
7. Lead a 5-minute exercise.
Keep that employee fitness motivation going!
8. Show your favorite picture in your home.
A picture on your phone will work in the office.